Monday, July 26, 2010

Superhero RPG Renaissance



Are we living in a Superhero RPG Renaissance? I just saw the announcement of the Smallville RPG from Margaret Weis Productions. I have bought the Serenity RPG and also have the PDF copy of the Cortex System (which I received as part of my free package of goodness following a donation to Haiti survivors.)

I like Cortex and Margret Weis seems to be making a nice niche for themselves with licensed products. Good on them. I look forward to seeing this updated version of Cortex, and to see how it handles super-powers. But Smallville isn't the only supers RPG on my wish list.



There's also The DC Adventures RPG (using what will become the new Mutants and Masterminds 3rd Edition) and BASH! Basic Action Super Heroes Ultimate Edition (up for an Ennie for best game system!)


 
... then there's recent purchases of Icons (by Steven Kinson of M & M fame)





... and Villans and Vigilantes (the original classic returns!)





Add to that the sixth edition of Champions from Hero Games ...





... and Truth and Justice which is still available (and is a personal favorite) ...





... and I have to ask ... "Has there ever been a more diverse selection of Super-Hero RPG's available to the gaming consumer?"


Regards,



Jeff Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment